Friday, January 12, 2007

I always knew I liked Wikipedia....

A little something of interest: today's Featured Article on Wikipedia is on Alcibiades. An Ancient Greek who I find incredibly intriguing and a website I can't get enough of - doesn't get much better.

On another note: I am coming into reading week and exam time. So, as you might imagine, it's time to focus a little more on school work and a little less on my new pet blog. Posts may be a little less frequent for a bit, but don't worry, I'm not going anywhere.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Thinking about Alcibiades begs the question - are there any modern day equivalents? What about Ramsay Clark? He served the US well as the Attorney General who shepherded the Civil Rights Act of 1968 through Congress. He went on, however, to visit North Vietnam in 1972, represented the PLO against the US, and most recently, of course, he represented Saddam Hussein.

If not him, maybe Jimmy Carter? Neither were ever as popular as Alcibiades, but they both played the role of patriot and, if not quite traitor, something a bit unsavory.