Monday, December 4, 2006

Why "Classics Reloaded"?

One may be wondering what, precisely, the title of this blog means. I believe that a good title is to the point and creative; concise enough to be effective, yet original enough to be memorable. This is what I hope my title, Classics Reloaded, will achieve.

I say Reloaded because it is my goal that this blog will serve as a fresh look at old, ancient in fact, information- events, people, theories, concerns and more. Additionally, this blog will aim to reinterpret the classics to make them relevant to today’s world. This is a task which I know is best left to those more informed about both the classical and contemporary worlds than I, but I intend to give it the old college try here. That being said, a site that I very highly recommend is famed classicist and historian Victor Davis Hanson’s Works and Days. Take some time to look at his posts. His applications of historical events to today’s news stories is both completely relevant and very interesting.

All this being said, I just hope people don't confused this with Street Fighter...

No comments: